The Art in Action Away Day offered to organisations a unique way of coming together in an environment that encouraged original thinking. It is also a way of celebrating success and expressing gratitude to staff members.
We had great success in entertaining businesses, large and small, who have been most appreciative of the attention, enjoyment and value received.
Staff members could see and be inspired by the creative process at first hand in the ongoing activities of more than 200 artists and performers from a vast array of disciplines. Each, free from commercial pressures, would happily discuss their work and techniques with you. You could also visit the Market, where 100 plus designer-makers display and sell their work. We aimed to provide a setting where visitors can appreciate and enjoy, and if they wish purchase.
The highlight for many were the Practical Classes. Here, teachers from some of the country’s top art colleges and guilds would help you get stuck in to practical classes from one of 40 creative activities ranging from clay and pottery to textiles to woodwork to glass – and many more.
There were free lectures on various aspects of art, instrumental and vocal concerts, plus international dancers and musicians performing in the Waterperry Open Air Theatre. You also had free access to beautiful and extensive Waterperry Gardens.
There was a plethora of refreshment options as well – all tastes are catered for – well nearly all!
Each day was individually tailored to your requirements and the all-inclusive cost of the day would depend on your programme. Typically, it would fall between £ 50 and £75 per person, with a minimum group size of ten.
A standard package would include:
- Priority parking (with passes sent on to you prior to event)
- Special entrance ticket – no queues.
- An Art in Action programme – this will be sent early to allow you to plan the day
- Detailed guidance regarding route to event and timing of arrival
- Tea/coffee plus pastry on arrival
- You will be met by our guide who will introduce you to and explain the event and also answer any questions you may have
- Meeting with guide in the afternoon at a time to suit your programme
What may be provided as part of your package: (Options)
- Refreshment vouchers for meals, drinks, ice cream
- Lunch in the staff and demonstrators’ refreshments area (with or without wine)
- Tea and cakes mid afternoon
- Wine or Pimms at the Rendezvous Bar (at the end of the day)
- Activity Vouchers for: a practical class of your choice (1½ hour session), or a tour of the Frescos in Waterperry House
“We had a wonderful time last Saturday at Art in Action, and we will definitely be back. I didn’t imagine that we would be purchasing pieces but we have ordered some items for ourselves and something from the Best of Best, for the company. Quite thrilling. The time just flew by, we didn’t even have time for ice creams! We thoroughly enjoyed the Frescos, the artists were very gifted and I particularly liked the lions, opposite the spiral stairs – a beautiful tranquil space.”
Melanie Bromley of peoplespace
“It was our Company’s centenary year this year. We were therefore pleased to arrange a celebratory lunch for our staff and guests at Waterperry House to coincide with the four day Art in Action event on Friday 18th July 2014. All the arrangements were carried out extremely well by the Art in Action team and everybody spoke most favourably about the delicious meal and the excellent attitude of all of the staff of Art in Action. A most enjoyable day was had by all! We have no hesitation in recommending such an event for any other company or organisation thinking of a similar arrangement with Art in Action”.
D S Baber, Managing Director, The Credit Protection Association Plc.
“The team day was great and an opportunity to enjoy each other’s company on a social level and learn new skills too…..a perfect combination! The event was well structured, good workshops to attend and a super lunch to share together.”
A W, John Lewis.